Mentos coke fountain
The soda fountain
Eepy Birds show how it is done!
How does it work? The Myth Busters explain.
Numerous pits on the Mentos surface produce nucleation sites where carbon dioxide bubbles rapidly form.
Practical investigation ideas
What factors influence the height of the fountain?
- The temperature of the soda. (refrigerator temperature, room temperature, left out in the sun)
- The type of soda. (diet coke, coke, diet pepsi, pepsi and soda water)
- The type of Mentos. (mint versus fruit)
- The type of nucleation material. (mint mentos, tic tac mints, rock salt, normal salt, chalk)
- The size of the opening of the bottle or adapter.
How can you create a domino effect using three bottles and only setting off one bottle?
You tube links
|How To Do It Yourself!.pdf||358.65 KB|